Good day to all! Its been a hot minute since posting a recipe, and to start this delicious cycle again, I decided to test out a Raw bar recipe. I have never made anything like this before, mainly because I thought, they looked WAY to beautiful that I couldn’t possibly make them. But, let me tell you, this was unbelievably easy and so simple and they taste AMAZING!
Raw bars are one of those things that you either have a taste for or don’t. I like to think that with these bars, You could convert everyone to eating dairy free, gluten free, grain free, and vegan! The way these look and taste will have you winning medals with your friends and family, and trust me when I say, it’ll be hard to just have one.
- A food processor or blender
- 8×8 square pan or baking dish
- 1 cup pitted dates soaked in water – at least 2 hours, overnight preferred
- 2 cup slivered almonds or walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 1/3 cup soaked cashews – at least 2 hours, overnight preferred
- 1/4 coconut oil
- 1/4 honey, agave or maple syrup
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (you could do vanilla if you don’t like cinnamon)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries. Depends if you want a thin or thick layer
- 1/4 cup of honey, agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- First, make sure the dates have been drained and place all ingredients for crust in food processor or blender, pulse unit crumbly or dough forms (do not over mix this, its nice to have some texture) press into 8×8 pan and set in freezer until cheesecake layer is ready
- Next, drain the cashews and place all ingredients for cheesecake in food processor or blender and blitz away. This is supposed to be creamy and thick, it may take a little to get to the right constancy, so make sure your stopping and scrapping down the sides of the bowl. Once done, place on top of crust and place back into freezer.
- Last, place all the ingredients for blueberry topping in food processor or blender and pulse until desired texture. Place on top of cheesecake layer and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Your final step is to cut into small or LARGE squares and eat your heart out!
*All content is mine, if you use please tag and attribute me, jaclynmariexo.com, @jackiemayyxo